- Flexible working hours
- Internal and external training programmes on offer
Stats NZ are seeking a Senior Researcher to lead the modernisation of New Zealand’s suite of price index statistics. You will provide technical leadership and build statistical capability in the team – bringing knowledge in the evolving area of big data / digital data and the methodologies to turn this into price indices.
You will have a clear opportunity to lead transformative change in how prices data is collected in NZ and internationally, having a significant impact on New Zealanders and the NZ economy.
In this role you will do the following:
- Explore the use of new methodologies to make the best possible use of big data / digital data
- Translate cutting-edge methods research into practical solutions to transform the work of the unit
- Progress our immediate goal of using on-line prices to create a digital Food Price Index, then extending this to explore the possibilities for a digital Consumers Price Index
- Lay out the wider roadmap for the unit’s transition to digitally-sourced price indices
- Connect with key customers
- Identify and assess the use of new digital data sources to enhance official price indices statistics and provide new insights
What you can bring to this role:
- Post Grad Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in social or economic research
- Ideally you would have experience of working with indexes
What we can offer in return:
- Ability to contribute and influence to the strategic direction of Stats NZ
- Influence and enhance Stats NZ’s international reputation through participation in international working groups, the publication of high quality research papers, and conference presentations
- A salary of $93,000 – $127,000
Applications close 11.59pm on Sunday, 15 April 2018.