The Stata Prize for Excellence in Graphics Communications will be awarded to the written paper that is deemed to make the best use of graphs for data visualization or communication of research findings using graphics. The papers will be judged by leading empirical researchers in economics.
Conditions of Entry
- Paper submission must meet all of the deadlines for abstract and full paper submission in order to remain eligible.
- When submitting the abstract also select entry into this competition through the conference website
- Entrants must be able to attend and present their paper at the NZAE Conference. The presentation may be either an Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation.
- The paper must involve the use of data and at least one graph. There is no requirement for entrants to use Stata (as opposed to another statistical software).
It is the written paper that will be judged based on the following criteria:
I. Clarity of presentation and communication of research findings using graphics
II. Clarity of research question and suitability of data used
III. Quality of economic analysis
- An annual Stata MP2 licence or upgrade (if the winner already holds a Stata licence)
- Credit for books, redeemed with Survey Design and Analysis Services
- Small cash prize
- Free registration to the next Stata Conference in Australia or New Zealand, with reserved slot on program to present the winning paper
At present, this prize is scheduled to be awarded in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
2023 – Guanyu Zheng & Marea Sing
2022 – Stuart Donovan, Thomas de Graaff, Arthur Grimes, Henri L.F. de Groot & David C. Maré
2021 – Philip Vermeulen
2019 – Geoff Cooper & Kabira Namit