GEN Annual Conference 2015
“THE NEXT 5 YEARS; POLICY ISSUES AND PRACTICES”
The 2015 GEN Annual Conference will be held on 30 November at the Intercontinental Hotel, Wellington.
The next five years will see important changes in New Zealand. We will continue to get older, we can expect more disruptive technological innovations, global markets will evolve, and major debates around inequality, regulation and the investment approach will likely continue. At this day-long conference, international and domestic experts will outline what some of the most important changes over the next five years could be and how these could affect the knowledge and skills requirements of economists in government in New Zealand.
This will include sessions on:
- The current state of economic thinking and what this may mean for income transfer policies and regulation
- New Zealand’s changing demographic profile
- The changing business outlook
- Policymaking under uncertainty
- The investment approach to social policy
The line-up of speakers includes:
- Hon Bill English; MP, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance
- Prof Warwick McKibbon; Director of the Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis Australian National University
- Sir David Ramsden; Director General UK HM Treasury Chair of UK Government Economic Service
- Prof Robert Wade; Professor of Political Economy, London School of Economics