Statistics New Zealand Best Use of Statistics Prize
The prize will be awarded to the paper that is deemed to have the best use of official statistics. The statistical series should include data from official New Zealand sources, and may include overseas data as well. The papers will be judged by representatives from both Statistics NZ and the NZAE.
Judges will be assessing:
- Clarity of analysis;
- Soundness of method;
- Any methodological innovation; and
- Assessment of data validity and adequacy.
A prize of $500 will be awarded to the paper that is judged to have the best use of official statistics.
- Ozer Karagedikli and Gael Price
- Jason Timmins, Geoff Mason, Penny Mok, Peter Nunns and Philip Stevens
- Jacques Poot, Steven Stillman