See also Award opportunities for post graduate students.
Employment opportunities for economists in New Zealand are listed below, as a service to Association’s members.
You are invited to participate by having a link to your website on our site at an annual charge of $150 (gst inclusive) and/or advertising suitable vacancies on our site at $150 (gst inclusive) per listing.
It is anticipated that you will advise the Association when any advertised vacancy has been filled in order that it may be removed from the site, otherwise the vacancy will remain on the site for a period of six weeks.
We hope you will take this opportunity to reach a specialist audience and look forward to receiving your advertisements. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current employment opportunities
- Vacancy for Senior Economics Advisor closes 16 July 2020 July 9, 2020
- Work on the biggest transport investment programme in Wellington’s history
- Contribute to making our city a safer and lively place!
- 12 month fixed-term opportunity
It’s a hugely exciting time to be working in Wellington for the capital’s city council – with the major LGWM (https://lgwm.nz/) city – shaping programme underway!
Let’s Get Wellington Moving (LGWM) is a shared programme between WCC, GWRC and NZTA. The team is passionate about developing and delivering an integrated transport system that support Wellington’s growth, while making it safer and easier to move around. The vision is to build a great harbour city that is accessible to all, with attractive places, shared streets, and efficient local and regional journeys.
City Streets is one of the LGWM work streams which aims to deliver a step change in the design and use of the key urban corridors and precincts in Wellington City to optimise street space for bus priority, cycling, walking, safety and accessibility, network optimisation and operation and Place outcomes. This is a key role in contributing to successful delivery outcomes that provide improved transport choice for our community. If impact is important for you, then this is it, what a great opportunity to make a visible difference!
As a Senior Economics Advisor, you will provide specialist economic advice, analysis and business case development support to the Let’s Get Wellington Moving (LGWM) City Streets Package. A key aspect of the role is providing evidence based analysis to support the development of business cases to enable the delivery of bus priority, walking and cycling projects. You will work with a range of stakeholders across the programme so what will set you apart is your ability to thrive in a complex political environment with a flair for building sustainable relationships.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- proven economic, numeric and quantitative analysis skills
- proven track record of successful delivery of business cases which tell a ‘benefits led’ story
- the ability to explain and clearly communicate technical data in simple terms
- experience successfully working in strategic/regulatory planning or policy (preferably in transport strategy, planning and/or land use planning) roles
- experience operating in a complex political environment will be a bonus
- excellent analytical and communication skills
- a tertiary qualification in relevant discipline. Post grad qualification will be a plus.
The team highly values proactivity, flexibility, innovation and collaboration and realise these are critical for the programme’s success to deliver such an important piece of work for our city. If these align to your values and if you will enjoy being part of a team with a shared passion, then don’t wait, submit an application now!
All applications must be submitted online, please note we are unable to accept emailed applications. If you need further information, please contact Aleena Antony, Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com
Applications close Thursday, 16 July 2020.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do – to make our city an even better place to live and work.Continue reading →
- Employment opportunities welcomed April 1, 2015
An invitation to all economists and organisations seeking economists to list here employment opportunities for economists in New Zealand.Continue reading →