See also Award opportunities for post graduate students.
Employment opportunities for economists in New Zealand are listed below, as a service to Association’s members.
You are invited to participate by having a link to your website on our site at an annual charge of $150 (gst inclusive) and/or advertising suitable vacancies on our site at $150 (gst inclusive) per listing.
It is anticipated that you will advise the Association when any advertised vacancy has been filled in order that it may be removed from the site, otherwise the vacancy will remain on the site for a period of six weeks.
We hope you will take this opportunity to reach a specialist audience and look forward to receiving your advertisements. Please email to email@example.com.
Current employment opportunities
- Vacancy for Regulatory Accountant/Economist at Powerco closes 8 Mar 2019 February 18, 2019
Regulatory Accountant / Economist
The energy sector is in the period of change driven by technology and climate policy. On top of that, Powerco has embarked on a step-change in network investment over the next five years. We’re a regulated company, so in addition to keeping the lights on and gas flowing, we have to meet a bunch of disclosure obligations to our consumers and regulators.
Were looking for a Regulatory Accountant/Economist to join Powerco’s energetic Regulatory and Pricing team. Reporting to the Regulatory and Pricing Strategy Manager you will be in a unique position to help Powerco (and the industry) engage constructively on these issues. You’ll need to travel now and again in this role.
You will get to:
- apply your financial and project management skills to regulatory issues and obligations affecting Powerco’s gas and electricity businesses
- provide leadership and advice on interpreting the regulatory rules and how they impact upon Powerco’s business activities
- leverage your strong interpersonal skills as you work collaboratively with teams across the business and offices
- flex your intellectual curiosity because you’ll be looking at economic, financial and technical issues that affect the business both now and in the future.
Were a small team so we share the tasks. Your role will involve the following:
- Providing advice and insights to the business about the impact of regulatory developments and decisions, particularly those with a finance/accounting element
- Managing Powerco’s processes to meet its regulatory disclosure obligations, including engagement with Powerco staff on the link between regulatory requirements, processes, and governance arrangements
- Providing assurance to Powerco that the regulatory disclosure obligations across the electricity and gas businesses are understood and have been met
- Maintaining positive relationships and contacts with regulatory agencies at both technical and management levels
- Providing input to assist the Regulatory Policy Manager in the preparation and delivery of submissions and related consultations by regulatory entities
The person we are looking for will need a combination of:
- a tertiary degree or equivalent in finance or economics or similar analytical subject
- some knowledge of the NZ electricity and/or gas industry or similar regulated industry
- an understanding of micro-economic concepts underlying the design and operation of energy markets and regulation of the distribution networks
- ideally five or more years experience of work in a finance/advisory capacity
- the curiosity and persistence to own and resolve complex issues.
Applications close on Friday, 8 March 2019.Continue reading →
- Employment opportunities welcomed April 1, 2015
An invitation to all economists and organisations seeking economists to list here employment opportunities for economists in New Zealand.Continue reading →