Members of the NZAE typically have a degree in economics or commerce and in the normal course of work use the tools of economic analysis as teachers, investigators or advisors on economic matters.
The NZAE holds an annual conference. In addition it publishes the Association’s Journal New Zealand Economic Papers, which is distributed electronically free to members, three times per year. Members receive a complimentary subscription to Asymmetric Information, the Association’s newsletter, featuring frequent (every 1-2 weeks) posts on topics of interest to professional economists and enthusiasts, in New Zealand and elsewhere.
The annual subscription rates for 2023 (1 January to 31 December) are as follows:
- NZ$170.00 (GST inclusive) for full membership
- NZ$170.00 for overseas member
- NZ$85.00 (GST inclusive) for New Zealand graduate students first year only
Potential new members
- Please complete the 2023 NZAE Membership Form, and send a scanned copy to the NZAE President (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review.
- You will shortly thereafter receive an invoice for payment.
- Please complete the Subscription Payment Form to pay your annual subscription by credit card or direct credit.
The NZAE invites students of economics to join as e-members. This is free membership for students entitling them to electronic-only communications via email:
- Asymmetric Information; and
- NZEP notifications/abstracts (not the full journal).
Conference attendance for e-members remains at non-member (student) rates.
Note: e-membership is an alternative to full student membership (see above for details).