The prize will be awarded to the paper that is deemed to make the best contribution to analysis of economic policy in or applied to New Zealand. Papers analysing New Zealand policy within a multi-country context will qualify to be considered for the award. This $1,000 award is sponsored by the NZAE Education Trust.
Conditions of entry
- Any paper that contributes to economic policy in New Zealand may be entered in this competition.
- Paper submission must meet all of the deadlines for abstract and full paper submission in order to remain eligible.
- When submitting the abstract also select entry into this competition through the conference website
- Entrants must be able to attend and present their paper at the NZAE Conference. The presentation may be either an Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation.
It is the written paper that will be judged based on the following criteria: the quality of economic analysis; and the merits of the New-Zealand-specific application.
NOTE: Payment of any monies will only be in NZ dollars, either by way of an NZ cheque made out to the awardee as the payee or a direct debit to a NZ bank account held in the name of the awardee.
- Richard Meade
- Sina Mashinchi
- Joey Au
- Boon-Ling Yeo and Adam Daigneault
- David Law
- Andrew Coleman
- David Law
- Lisa Meehan
- Grant Scobie